The Flu season will be commencing on 01 October 2020. Flu vaccination will be offered to all eligible patients, if you usually have a flu vaccination please call the Practice today to book your appointment.
This year the flu vaccination will be offered to:
- adults 65 and over
- people with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
- pregnant women
- people living with someone who’s at high risk from Covid-19 (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2020
- children in primary school
- children in year 7 (secondary school)
- front-line health or social care workers
At Maida Vale Medical Centre we are preparing for our biggest flu campaign ever! Clinics will be offered every day in October and patients will be given the chance to book in to clinics themselves.
Further information can be found at NHS Flu Information
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.